This idea came from our Coffee Collective!
Committee: Claudia Montes (Sebastian's mom), Geraldine Baum (Elektra's mom), Aracely Mendez (Jacob R.'s mom), Maria Nieto-Estrada (Kathya's and Kamila's mom), Anne Lee
Date of Event: June 7th
Time: 4:30 pm
Goal of Event: To celebrate our cultural diversity at Alma Fuerte and build our school community
Next Steps for All Families and Students:
- Each family will be asked by Alma Fuerte staff to bring a dish and accompanying serving utensil (Last Name A-G appetizer; I-R Main Dish; S-Z Dessert). (Note: we do not have a way to keep items hot at school.)
- Each student will make and color at school a flag of a nation that they identify with (Anne to coordinate during the school day) to decorate auditorium
- Families and children are welcome to dress in clothing from a particular country if they choose to.
- Please come on June 7th to have fun and show off your cultural pride and school spirit!
Next Steps for Committee Members:
- Decorations: Geraldine will bring world maps, streamers, balloons and tablecloths. Anne will make banner with "Welcome" in different languages. Students' flags will decorate auditorium.
- Paper Goods: Claudia will bring paper plates and utensils.
- Drinks: Anne will bring lemonade and waters.
- Music: Anne will bring a selection of world music to play in background.
- Other Ideas: Time permitting, classes can sing a song or prepare a dance representing a country. Anne will work with teachers to see what might be possible.
Main Inspiration: It's a Small World ride at Disneyland!
Please let us know how you can participate!