Alma Fuerte Public School Board of Directors Regular Board Meeting Minutes for Monday, September 16,
Monday, September 16, 2019 at 6:00 PM at 119 W. Palm St., Altadena, California 91001 Teleconference Locations: 10842 Wagner St., Culver City, CA 90230; 3700 Latrobe St, Los Angeles California 90031; 1307 S. Spaulding Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90019
Record Attendance and Guests - Board Members Present: Kathy Dominguez, Myra Salinas, Melanie Sauer, Hazim Rabadi, Amy Held (via phone)
Call the Meeting to Order - The meeting was called to order at 6:13pm.
Oral Communications from the Public - There was one written public communication from a parent.
II. Director Report – Update on staffing and enrollment. The board has requested Director to report on academic data during the next board meeting.
III. Governance and Operations
Approval of Meeting minutes from August 2019 Board Meeting - The Board reviewed minutes from the August 2019 Board Meeting. Amy moved to approve the minutes from the August 2019 Board Meeting; Hazim seconded the motion; the motion was approved unanimously after a roll call vote.
Approval of Charter Revision - The Board reviewed the charter revisions. Hazim moved to approve the charter revisions; Amy seconded the motion; the motion was approved unanimously after a roll call vote.
Discussion on Growing our Board – Board members discussed timeline and agreed to bring names for the next board meeting. The board has tasked Amy and Kathy to work on recruitment protocols and procedures as well as board member responsibilities.
Approval of FY18-19 Unaudited Actual Financial Report - The Board reviewed the Unaudited Actual Financial Report last August and is just ratifying at this time. Hazim moved to approve the Unaudited Actual Financial Report; Melanie seconded the motion; the motion was approved unanimously after a roll call vote.
IV. Finance Matters – Review and Approval of:
Most Recent Financial Statements (August 2019) - The Board reviewed the August 2019 financial statements. Kathy moved to approve the August 2019 Financial Statements; Melanie seconded the motion; the motion was approved unanimously after a roll call vote.
V. Adjourn Meeting
The board meeting adjourned at 7:24pm.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BOARD MEETING PARTICIPATION BY MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC
The Board of Directors of Alma Fuerte Public School welcomes your participation at the School’s Board meetings. The purpose of a public meeting of the Board of Directors (“Board”) is to conduct the affairs of the School in public. We are pleased that you are in attendance. Your participation assures us of continuing community interest in our School. To assist you in the ease of speaking/participating in our meetings, the following guidelines are provided.
1. "Request to Speak” forms are available to all audience members who wish to speak on any agenda items or under the general category of “Oral Communications.” If you wish to address the Board, please fill out a card and submit it to the Board Secretary. “Oral Communications” is set aside for members of the audience to raise issues that are not specifically on the agenda. However, due to public meeting laws, the Board can only listen to your issue, not respond or take action if not appearing on the agenda.
2. Presentations from the audience are limited to three (3) minutes and total time allotted to non-agenda items will not exceed fifteen (15) minutes. The Board may give direction to staff to respond to your concern.
3. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and upon request, Alma Fuerte Public School may furnish reasonable auxiliary aids and services to qualified individuals with disabilities. Individuals who require appropriate alternative modification of the agenda in order to participate in Board meetings are invited to contact Adriani Leon at (626) 204-5265.
4. Alma Fuerte Public School is nonsectarian in its programs, admission policies, employment practices, and all other operations, does not charge tuition, and does not discriminate against anyone on the basis of ethnicity, national origin, gender, or disability.
5. Meeting location is accessible in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (41 U.S.C., Section 12132).