Date and Time
Wednesday January 16, 2019 at 6:00 PM PST
119 W. Palm St., Altadena, CA 91001; Teleconference Location: 10842 Wagner St., Culver City, CA 90230
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BOARD MEETING PARTICIPATION BY MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC
The Board of Directors of Alma Fuerte Public School welcomes your participation at the School’s Board meetings. The purpose of a public meeting of the Board of Directors (“Board”) is to conduct the affairs of the School in public. We are pleased that you are in attendance. Your participation assures us of continuing community interest in our School. To assist you in the ease of speaking/participating in our meetings, the following guidelines are provided.
1. "Request to Speak” forms are available to all audience members who wish to speak on any agenda items or under the general category of “Oral Communications.” If you wish to address the Board, please fill out a card and submit it to the Board Secretary. “Oral Communications” is set aside for members of the audience to raise issues that are not specifically on the agenda. However, due to public meeting laws, the Board can only listen to your issue, not respond or take action if not appearing on the agenda.
2. Presentations from the audience are limited to three (3) minutes and total time allotted to non-agenda items will not exceed fifteen (15) minutes. The Board may give direction to staff to respond to your concern.
3. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and upon request, Alma Fuerte Public School may furnish reasonable auxiliary aids and services to qualified individuals with disabilities. Individuals who require appropriate alternative modification of the agenda in order to participate in Board meetings are invited to contact Adriani Leon at (626) 204-5265.
4. Alma Fuerte Public School is nonsectarian in its programs, admission policies, employment practices, and all other operations, does not charge tuition, and does not discriminate against anyone on the basis of ethnicity, national origin, gender, or disability.
5. Meeting location is accessible in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (41 U.S.C., Section 12132).
I. Opening Items6:00 PM
A. Record Attendance and Guests
B. Call the Meeting to Order
C. Oral Communications from the Public
II. Staff Reports6:05 PM
A. Director of Academics Report
B. Director of Operations Report
III. Governance and Operations6:15 PM
A. Approve Minutes from December 13, 2018 Board Meeting
B. Discussion and Potential Action on Amending Board Meeting Calendar for 2018-2019
IV. Financial Matters6:30 PM
A. Review and Approval of Most Recent Financial Statements
V. Closed Session6:40 PM
A. Public Employee Evaluation: Director of Operations; Director of Academics (Government Code §54957)
VI. Closing Items7:00 PM
A. Adjourn Meeting