Alma Fuerte Public School is looking for a PT Associate Teacher.
WHO WE ARE
Alma Fuerte is a public elementary school in Altadena. At Alma Fuerte, each child is treasured and valued for his or her unique gifts. A place where students are encouraged to embrace challenges, develop self-motivation, and take ownership of their future. We believe in a holistic approach to learning, fostering each child's academic success as well as their social/emotional growth.
At Alma Fuerte we believe in a growth mindset. Our goal is to bring out the entrepreneur in each child by developing their critical thinking skills, leadership ability, and fostering their unique creativity.
We are searching for exceptional talent to help us execute our audacious vision for the future of school. This is a great opportunity to join a startup organization dedicated to transforming public education for its students!
WHO YOU ARE
We’re looking for someone with a remarkable capacity to connect with young children and a strong level of dedication, respect and compassion for students. Great candidates will also have:
· A belief in Alma Fuerte’s mission, vision, and values
· A proven track record of working effectively with students and adults
· Demonstrated desire to work with a diverse group of families and students
· Outstanding organizational skills
· Ability to lead groups of young students in activities and manage student behavior
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in fast-paced environment.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Self-motivated problem-solving skills
· A good sense of humor
· A passion for education reform
· Physical ability to lift 15 pounds, run and play with students, bend down, sit with students on rug, tie shoes, and other physical tasks associated with supervision of young children.
ABOUT THE JOB
Associate Teachers provide support for classroom teachers in a collaborative manner. They also have the opportunity to apply their special interests and talents to enhance the educational program. They provide supervision on campus during recess and lunch breaks, help in serving meals to students, and facilitate drop-off/ pick–up procedures.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND WORK EXPERIENCE
· 1+ years of relevant work experience
· Experience working with different types of communities
· Experience within a school or after-school program or with young children preferred
· possess a high school diploma/ equivalent as well as some college.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Associate Teacher” as the subject line.