at 5:15 PM PDT Location 119 W. Palm St., Altadena, CA 91001; Teleconference Location: 10842 Wagner St., Culver City, CA 90230
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BOARD MEETING PARTICIPATION BY MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC The Board of Directors of Alma Fuerte Public School welcomes your participation at the School’s Board meetings. The purpose of a public meeting of the Board of Directors (“Board”) is to conduct the affairs of the School in public. We are pleased that you are in attendance. Your participation assures us of continuing community interest in our School. To assist you in the ease of speaking/participating in our meetings, the following guidelines are provided.
1. "Request to Speak” forms are available to all audience members who wish to speak on any agenda items or under the general category of “Oral Communications.” If you wish to address the Board, please fill out a card and submit it to the Board Secretary. “Oral Communications” is set aside for members of the audience to raise issues that are not specifically on the agenda. However, due to public meeting laws, the Board can only listen to your issue, not respond or take action if not appearing on the agenda.
2. Presentations from the audience are limited to three (3) minutes and total time allotted to nonagenda items will not exceed fifteen (15) minutes. The Board may give direction to staff to respond to your concern.
3. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and upon request, Alma Fuerte Public School may furnish reasonable auxiliary aids and services to qualified individuals with disabilities. Individuals who require appropriate alternative modification of the agenda in order to participate in Board meetings are invited to contact Adriani Leon at (626) 204-5265.
4. Alma Fuerte Public School is nonsectarian in its programs, admission policies, employment practices, and all other operations, does not charge tuition, and does not discriminate against anyone on the basis of ethnicity, national origin, gender, or disability.
5. Meeting location is accessible in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (41 U.S.C., Section 12132). Agenda Purpose Presenter Time
I. Opening Items 5:15 PM A. Record Attendance and Guests Myra Salinas B. Call the Meeting to Order Myra Salinas Powered by BoardOnTrack 1 of 2 C. Oral Communications from the Public Myra Salinas 5 m II. Staff Reports 5:20 PM A. Director of Academics Report Discuss Laurilie Keay 5 m B. Director of Operations Report Discuss Anne Lee 5 m III. Governance and Operations 5:30 PM A. Approve Minutes from March 4, 2019, Special Board Meeting Approve Minutes Myra Salinas 5 m B. Approval of Admission of Early TK Student Vote Anne Lee 5 m C. Approval of Calendar and Schedule for 2019-2020 School Year Vote Anne Lee 10 m D. Acceptance of Prop. 39 Facilities Proposal for 2019-2020 School Year Vote Anne Lee 5 m E. Board Resolution - Stand for All Students, Opposition to AB 1505, 1506, 1507, 1508 Vote Anne Lee 5 m F. Recruitment and Enrollment Update Discuss Anne Lee 10 m IV. Financial Matters 6:10 PM A. Review and Approval of Most Recent Financial Statements Vote Samira Estilai 10 m B. Presentation of Budget Scenarios for 2019-2020 School Year Discuss Samira Estilai 20 m V. Closed Session 6:40 PM A. Public Employee Evaluation: Director of Academics (Government Code §54957) Vote Myra Salinas 20 m VI. Alma Fuerte Leadership Structure 7:00 PM A. Consider Approval of Change to Alma Fuerte Leadership Structure Vote Myra Salinas 10 m VII. Closing Items 7:10 PM A. Adjourn Meeting Vote