Alma Fuerte Public School Board of Directors Board Meeting
Tuesday, December 13, 2016 at 4:30 PM at
Lake Avenue Community Church, 393 N. Lake Ave., Pasadena, CA 91101 Room HH403
Teleconference Location: 10842 Wagner St., Culver City, CA 90230
Agenda Item Who Time
I. Opening Items
A. Record Attendance and Guests S. Markin 1
B. Call the Meeting to Order S. Markin 1
C. Oral Communications from the Public S. Markin 1
Brown Act and Conflict of Interest TrainingA. Lee30 Review and Adoption of Conflict of Interest Policy A. Lee 10
Review and Adoption of LACOE Conflict of Interest Code;
Political Reform Act and Form 700 Filing Compliance A. Lee 10
Adoption of 2017 Meeting Calendar A. Lee 5
III. Meeting Minutes
Review and Approve Minutes from 8/30/16 Board Meeting S. Markin 5
IV. Student Recruitment, Admissions and Enrollment
Review and Approve Founding Parent Admissions
Preference Policy A. Lee 10
V. Facilities Update S. Markin 5
Financial Update; Review and Approve FinancialsA. Lee15
VII. Charter Authorization
Review and Accept LACOE Charter Policy, Administrative Regulations; Review and Approve Resolution #2016-002 re: LACOE Conditions of Charter Authorization;
Monitoring and Oversight MOU with LACOE A. Lee 20
VI. Closing Items
Adjourn Meeting S. Markin 1
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BOARD MEETING PARTICIPATION BY MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC
The Board of Directors of Alma Fuerte Public School welcomes your participation at the School’s Board meetings. The purpose of a public meeting of the Board of Directors (“Board”) is to conduct the affairs of the School in public. We are pleased that you are in attendance. Your participation assures us of continuing community interest in our School. To assist you in the ease of speaking/participating in our meetings, the following guidelines are provided.
1. "Request to Speak” forms are available to all audience members who wish to speak on any agenda items or under the general category of “Oral Communications.” If you wish to address the Board, please fill out a card and submit it to the Board Secretary. “Oral Communications” is set aside for members of the audience to raise issues that are not specifically on the agenda. However, due to public meeting laws, the Board can only listen to your issue, not respond or take action if not appearing on the agenda.
2. Presentations from the audience are limited to three (3) minutes and total time allotted to non-agenda items will not exceed fifteen (15) minutes. The Board may give direction to staff to respond to your concern.
3. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and upon request, Alma Fuerte Public School may furnish reasonable auxiliary aids and services to qualified individuals with disabilities. Individuals who require appropriate alternative modification of the agenda in order to participate in Board meetings are invited to contact Anne Lee at 858-472-2245.
4. Alma Fuerte Public School is nonsectarian in its programs, admission policies, employment practices, and all other operations, does not charge tuition, and does not discriminate against anyone on the basis of ethnicity, national origin, gender, or disability.
5. Meeting location is accessible in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (41 U.S.C., Section 12132).