Location 119 W. Palm St., Altadena, CA 91001 INSTRUCTIONS FOR BOARD MEETING PARTICIPATION BY MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC The Board of Directors of Alma Fuerte Public School welcomes your participation at the School’s Board meetings. The purpose of a public meeting of the Board of Directors (“Board”) is to conduct the affairs of the School in public. We are pleased that you are in attendance. Your participation assures us of continuing community interest in our School. To assist you in the ease of speaking/participating in our meetings, the following guidelines are provided.
1. "Request to Speak” forms are available to all audience members who wish to speak on any agenda items or under the general category of “Oral Communications.” If you wish to address the Board, please fill out a card and submit it to the Board Secretary. “Oral Communications” is set aside for members of the audience to raise issues that are not specifically on the agenda. However, due to public meeting laws, the Board can only listen to your issue, not respond or take action if not appearing on the agenda.
2. Presentations from the audience are limited to three (3) minutes and total time allotted to non-agenda items will not exceed fifteen (15) minutes. The Board may give direction to staff to respond to your concern.
3. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and upon request, Alma Fuerte Public School may furnish reasonable auxiliary aids and services to qualified individuals with disabilities. Individuals who require appropriate alternative modification of the agenda in order to participate in Board meetings are invited to contact Adriani Leon at (626) 204-5265.
4. Alma Fuerte Public School is nonsectarian in its programs, admission policies, employment practices, and all other operations, does not charge tuition, and does not discriminate against anyone on the basis of ethnicity, national origin, gender, or disability.
5. Meeting location is accessible in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (41 U.S.C., Section 12132).
I. Opening Items 6:00 PM A. Record Attendance and Guests Myra Salinas
B. Call the Meeting to Order Myra Salinas
C. Oral Communications from the Public Myra Salinas 5 m Powered by BoardOnTrack 1 of 2
D. Reading of Mission Statement 1 m The mission of Alma Fuerte Public School is to develop TK-8 students into passionate, self-motivated learners, innovative creators, and leaders with character whom are prepared for success in secondary school, college, and 21st century careers.
E. Approve Minutes from August 9 and September 7 Board Meetings Approve Minutes Myra Salinas 5 m
II. Closed Session 6:11 PM
A. Public Employee Evaluation: Director of Operations; Director of Academics (Government Code §54957) Discuss Anne Lee 15 m
III. Staff Reports 6:26 PM
A. Director of Operations Report Discuss Anne Lee 5 m
B. Director of Academics Report Discuss Laurilie Keay 5 m
IV. Finance Matters-Review and Approval of: 6:36 PM
A. Most Recent Financial Statements Vote Sonia Oliva 5 m
V. Governance and Operations 6:41 PM
A. Alma Fuerte Mission and Priorities - 2018-2019 Vote Myra Salinas 20 m
B. Approval of School Meal Program Provider Vote Anne Lee 5 m
C. Approval of 2018-19 Student/Family Handbook Vote Anne Lee 10 m
VI. Closing Items 7:16 PM A. Adjourn Meeting Vote B.
Next Board Meeting Date - October 11, 2018 FYI