We are searching for exceptional talent to help us execute our vision for the future of school. This is a great opportunity to join a startup organization dedicated to transforming public education for its students!
The Special Education Teacher/ Resource Specialist will be a vital part of the Alma Fuerte team, providing instruction and support to students as identified by the Director.
- You will be integral to the IEP process, ensuring that students' progress is monitored and that all IEP requirements are met.
- You will be responsible for coordination between parents, colleagues, and administration, ensuring that student goals are met through careful planning and support of all parties.
- You will work closely with special education service providers as needed to meet the needs of individual students
- You will provide technical expertise to teachers and staff as it relates to serving students with special needs (gifted, students with disabilities, etc.)
- You will demonstrate teaching strategies and utilize materials considered appropriate and effective in meeting both academic and non-academic needs of students with special needs
- You will provide consultation to school staff and parents which may relate to student assessment, specialized instruction or behavior management
There are certain things we need you to have...
- A California Mild to Moderate Special Education Credential with a RSP certification desired for Intervention/Resource Specialist or ability to acquire one
- Experience working with students with disabilities and other diverse learners, including differentiation techniques
- A minimum of 2 year’s teaching (ideally) at the TK-8 level
- Experience in guiding and implementing the Individualized Educational Plan process.
- Ability to administer and interpret the results of assessment instruments
- Comfortable with a start-up environment, including fast growth and flexible roles
Our Ideal candidate...
- Possesses literacy expertise
- Has an advanced degree (e.g., Masters degree)
- Has experience employing Culturally Relevant Teaching in your classrooms.
- Has experience working with English learners
- Experience working with parents and families
- Experience with community resources referrals
- Excellent communicator and facilitator
- Speaks Spanish
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Please email your cover letter and resume to Laurilie Keay, at firstname.lastname@example.org.